Lot 016: 1962 BSA BANTAM D7
BSA introduced a revised version of the largest capacity Bantam in 1959. The D7 featured a new pivoted fork frame with welded construction and revised styling that reflected that of the larger machines in the range. The engine remained essentially the same as the previous D5 powerplant, although an additional cover was added to the timing side which cleaned up the appearance and protected the clutch adjuster. This example, dating from 1962 and equipped with the direct lighting system, is described by the vendor as being ok in respect of the cycle parts, electrical system, cosmetics, frame and suspension. It is accompanied by a Swansea V5C.
H&H Sales Limited, Imperial War Museum, Duxford
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||-|
|Registration number||554 UXO|
|Engine capacity (cc)||173|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|