Lot 116: Rover P6 3500S
The P6 was the last Rover to be so designated ending a tradition going back to the P2 of 1946, but the P6 V8 was only the second Rover to use the Buick/Rover 3.5 V8 first seen in the P5B.The P6 was not popular with the traditional Rover buyer but was very popular with the buying public when launched in 1963. The concept was born in the mid fifties with a bunch of new designers, headed by Spen King. The 2.0 gained twin carbs and a TC badge and a 2.2 litre came along as a development of the original but the biggest news was the introduction of the P6B in 1968 in both automatic and manual form.Offered here is a sought after 3500S of 1974 vintage, which has been the subject of a 19 month long mechanical restoration. This included a full engine rebuild, new gearbox and clutch assembly, brake overhaul, stainless exhaust and a new power steering system. Further improvements included new door cards, a new headlining, new carpets and specially ordered Minilite alloy wheels with quality tyres.Finished in Zircon blue with black leather interior, the car is equipped with the full length Webasto sunroof, continental spare wheel mount and rear head rests.An outstanding example of the most desirable of the P6 Rovers, which is complete with an extensive service history file, workshop manuals and original Dealer Pack.
Classic - Collectors and Historic Motor Cars|
Barons, Esher Hall, Sandown Park, Esher, Surrey
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||-|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors||4|