Lot 666: c.1954 FORD ANGLIA 100E DE LUXE TWO-DOOR SALOON
Green with green interior
Engine: four cylinders in line, side valves, 1,172cc, 36 bhp at 4,500rpm; Gearbox: three speed manual; Suspension: front, independent MacPherson struts, rear, semi-elliptic leaf springs to rear; Brakes: drums all round. Right hand drive.
Introduced at the London Motor Show of 1953, the Anglia (2-door) and Popular (4-door) sought to emulate the success enjoyed by the previous Consul and Zephyr models by using the same engineering and styling principles. The 100E was Ford's first use of a monocoque design in its small car range, and featured modern "three-box" styling on its new unitary body, as well as the now-patented MacPhereson strut system for its front suspension. It featured Ford's 1,172cc sidevalve engine mated to a 3-speed transmission, and was well received by the buying public. Over 345,840 units rolled off the production line before the 100E was superseded by the now infamous 105E.
This example was accepted by the Sharpe family in part-exchange, and is actually the De Luxe edition which includes an interior light, enclosed lockable glove compartment, and dipable headlights (among other luxuries). Its green paintwork is in good condition, as is the two-tone green interior, and the odometer shows 70,000 miles covered from new. This car is sold without documentation.
The Sharpe Family Collection|
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||-|
|Registration number||RHJ 457|
|Chassis number||100E 837890|
|Engine number||100E 837890|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|