Lot 256: 1976 Fiat 124 Sports Coupe
March 1966 witnessed the introduction of the new 124. Destined to replace the 1300/1500, it was an all new car of conventional front engine rear wheel drive layout powered by an 1197cc four cylinder engine with 60bhp. Later that year, at the Turin Motorshow, the 124 Station Wagon and Sport Spider were also released. The 124 was selected as the Car of the Year later that same year. The year following the release of the Berlina and Spider, at the Geneva motorshow of 1967, the new Sport Coupe based on the 124 and designed in house, was introduced. The first changes came with the introduction of the second series at the Turin Motorshow in 1969 when the front of the car was heavily revised. The original two large headlights in the wings were replaced by a full width grille and four small lights. The rear of the car was also slightly modified. The third series was introduced in 1972. The front end, especially the grille, was again revised as were various other details such as the rear lights. Production of the coupe continued until 1975 by which time approximately 299,686 units had been produced. This is a third series car, with the 1756cc engine fitted. It is described as being in good original condition throughout, with recent work carried out on the radiator and exhaust system. It is a one family owned car and comes complete with V5, a full years MoT, warranty booklet and owner's handbook.
Coys, The Royal Horticultural Halls, London SW1
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||-|
|Registration number||NCV 6R|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|