Lot 515: c.1928 BSA 770cc Model E
The first motorcycles made by the Birmingham Small Arms Company in the early 1900s used proprietary engines such as the Belgian Minerva, and it was not until 1910 that the firm introduced a BSA-designed and built machine. The first model to feature the marque’s distinctive green and cream tank colours was a 499cc side-valve single, which was soon complemented by a 557cc long-stroke version. The firm’s first v-twin - the 770cc (6/7hp) Model E - appeared late in 1919 and would prove the forerunner of a long line of rugged and dependable ‘sidecar tugs’. A larger, 986cc version debuted as the Model F in 1922 and would continue in production as the Model G, regularly revised and updated, until 1940. Dismantled and incomplete, this BSA v-twin nevertheless represents an exciting restoration project for the dedicated Small Heath enthusiast. Unregistered and offered without documents, it is sold strictly as viewed.
Pioneer, Vintage and Collectors' Motorcycles|
Bonhams, Staffordshire County Showground
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||£1265|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|