Lot 805: 1954 BMW 250cc R25/3 Motorcycle
BMW�s first new post-war model was a single-cylinder design - the 250cc R24 - which arrived in 1948 looking pretty much like the pre-war R23 but producing a slightly higher bhp. In mid-1950 the R24 was superseded by the R25, which featured plunger rear suspension but was otherwise very similar. An improved R25/2 version was introduced during 1951 incorporating a stronger crankshaft and minor revisions to the front mudguard stays and seat springing. Built between 1953 and 1956, the final R25 variant - R25/3 - featured a new telescopic front fork, full-width alloy hubs and alloy wheel rims as the principal upgrades.
This original and unrestored R25/3 bears the dealer plaque of Adolph Bockleman, Luneburg on front and rear fenders, and is fitted with a Schorsch Meier saddle, rear view mirror and chromium-plated folding luggage carrier. There are no documents with this Lot.
The Richard C. Paine Jr. Collection|
Bonhams, Owls Head, Maine
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||$8190|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|