Lot 106: Rover P4 110
To many Rover enthusiasts the P4 was the last proper Rover. Others extend their allegiance as far as the P5 3.0 but the P4 is the last stand for many more. First seen back in 1949, the first P4 was equipped with a centrally mounted headlamp, cause the car to gain the title "Cyclops". The feature was soon dropped and the P9 would remain in production, in various forms, for 15 years. The model range followed the usual Rover pattern, being given numbers. These spanned from the P4 60 a 1997cc four, to the P4 110 with a 2625cc, six and 123bhp, although the cars were not launched in numerical order. Offered here is a very late 110, which was taken as security for a loan in 1981 and then languished for the next 24 years, before being rescued by the current owner, who is the vendor. Once acquired, the car was subjected to a strip down to bare metal and a de-rust. All four wings were rebuilt with new metal and the car was repainted in Burgundy. The chromework was re-plated, the rear springs replaced, braking system replaced, fuel pumps, dynamo and voltage regulator replaced and a full set of new, cross ply tyres were fitted. The original leather was treated and the car was ready for action.
Classic - Collectors and Historic Motor Cars|
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||-|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors||4|