This make represented a kind of mini league of nations since the cars sold were made in Belgium by Les Ateliers Vivinus of Brussels; they were designed by an expatriate Frenchman Alexis Vivinus, and the New Orleans firm was founded by the Englishman H G Burford and the Dutchman Johannes van Toll. There was however no American connection, the car's name coming from the factory location in Orleans Road, Twickenham.
The first New Orleans was a 3½hp single-cylinder belt-drive voiturette, theoretically made under license from Vivinus – which the identical French Georges Richard and German De Dietrich examples actually were; but the English factory was so small that manufacture there seems improbable and the cars were probably direct imports. A 6hp model appeared at the end of 1900 using paired single-cylinder engines, and conventional cars were available by 1903. The word 'New' was dropped in 1905 and the Orleans make had disappeared by 1910.