The Atalanta was one of the last British marques to appear before World War II, and had a short life. The company was largely backed by Peter Whitehead, and engine designer Albert Gough. Atlanta used two sizes of the 3-valves per cylinder Gough Engine, 1496cc (78bhp) and 1996cc (98bhp). A Centric supercharger was optional. The X-braced channel chassis with tubular cross members front and rear had coil independent suspension all round, with rear coils mounted horizontally. The gearbox was a 3-speed dual overdrive Warner, or a 4-speed Cotal. These Atalantas came with attractive 2-seater drophead coupe or stark roadster bodies, the latter with cycle-type wings. Later 4-cylinder Atalantas had 2 valves per cylinder engines modified by A.C. Bertelli. In 1938 Atlanta offered the 4387cc Lincoln Zephyr V12 engine in the same chassis, lengthened to accommodate the 4-seater sports saloon bodies made, like the smaller bodies, by Abbott. The drophead and sports bodies were also available with the V12 engine, and these more powerful cars cost little more than the fours. Indeed the most expensive 2-litre model was £37 more costly than the V12 saloon. Not more than 20 Atalantas were made. The company became Atalanta Pumps, then Atalanta Engineering Ltd, moving from Staines to Chertsey where they were still active in 1993.