Follow Motorbase:
Search Motorbase for

Overview

1902-1908 

In Syracuse, New York, the Brennan Motor Manufacturing Company principally did just that, but occasionally, perhaps when demand was slow, it built complete motorcars, starting around 1902 until about 1904. These were fitted with horizontally-opposed two-cylinder engines of 2.9-litres and followed what was a fairly standard American pattern with the power unit mid-mounted under the floor and central chain transmission, but Brennan took the drive through a sliding gearbox, rather than an epicyclic system. The rest of the car was conventional with full-elliptic springs, channel section chassis, and was right-hand drive.

A batch of four-cylinder cars was made in 1907, and a range of trucks in 1913, but the firm mainly concentrated on its core business of engine-building.

Source: Society of Automotive Historians in Britain

Models produced by Brennan

Related Links

Suggest a link relating to Brennan