The BSA Company first produced a motor car in 1907 some 2 years before it produced its first complete motor cycle. From 1907 various RWD BSA cars were produced before production of all RWD cars stopped in 1936 when the company concentrated on FWD vehicles. Designed by Captain E Baguley the first BSA cars were produced in various forms with capacities ranging from 2.5 to 4.2 litre. The larger cars were based on the 1907 Peking-Paris Itala. Following the purchase of the Daimler Company by BSA in September 1910 responsibility for Motor Car manufacture was transferred to the latter company. BSA cars continued to be produced for two years following the amalgamation of the two companies but after this point they became badge engineered Daimlers.