Founded in 1860 to make foundry equipment and branching out into cranes in 1885, this company began limited manufacture of cars in 1906. The engines, which were made in the factory, had four separately-cast cylinders. Two-seaters were made first, followed by quite large 4-seater tourers of distinctive appearance. The radiator, bonnet louvres and dash all sloped backwards, at a time when these items on nearly all cars were strictly vertical. The cars were named after the Marquess of Dalhousie, a former Viceroy of India, and were designed by John Williams and A.G. Grice, who was later concerned with Grice and G.W.K. cars. In 1910 the company decided to close its car department, remaining cars and spares being bought by James Law of Arbroath, who may have assembled a few more.