1905 - 1906
The Harper Motor Co. was a subsidiary of Harper & Co. who operated a substantial ironworks at Craiginches on the outskirts of Aberdeen. Their car was an all-weather landaulette which used the 10hp Cadillac single-cylinder engine, but with the gearbox located well forward under the footboard. Transmission was by epicyclic gears, and final drive by spur gears from a countershaft to the rear axle. Although The Car described the Harper as 'ingenious', it seems that not may were sold.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile