1904 - 1906
Bergius Car & Engine Co., Glasgow
The Kelvin had a 3052cc 16hp 4-cylinder engine and shaft drive. It was available with solid, 'semi-solid' or pneumatic tyres, and was equipped originally with a rear-entrance tonneau body, then later with a side entrance. All components, including the bodywork, were made in a factory formerly occupied by Albion. Although only 14 Kelvins were made, the company had an eye on the export market, and published a catalogue in Spanish. The engine was later developed into a marine unit, running on petrol or paraffin - they were installed in many fishing boats. As a marine engine maufacturer Bergius were active at least up to the late 1960s.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile