In 1847, Louis Mors bought a small factory in which, among other items, electrical equipment was made. In 1880, his sons Louis and Emile joined the company. In 1892, Louis Mors bought a Panhard & Levassor in which, in 1895, the brothers took part in the race Paris-Bordeaux-Paris. From that moment onwards they were in love with cars. In 1896, Henri Brasier designed a car very similar to the Benz and a year later a model V4 engine followed with battery ignition and a dynamo. In 1898, the 'Societe de l'Electricite et des Automobilies Mors' was established using a capital of two million francs.
In the same year, the two hundred or so employees built ten cars a month. Racing cars, with engines of capacities of more than 10 litres were also created on Brasier's drawing board. The models sold were still being developed by Brasier, even though the talented engineer had already left the company in 1901. From 1902 onwards, the engines were fitted with water cooling systems and in 1903 clients could choose from engines with capacities ranging from 8 to 30 bhp. The management opened branches in New York and London, which nevertheless had to be closed due to disappointing sales results in 1904. From that time onwards things went downhill. When Andre Citroen was names director in 1907, production increased again to 319 cars in 1908 and 647 in 1910. This brought Mors out of the red for the first time. The First World War was a successful period for Mors. Citroen had entered into a contract with the government for the production of grenades. In 1922, the company was sold to Citroen. The last Mors saloon car left the factory in 1925.
Source: The complete encyclopedia of Vintage Cars - Rob de la Rive Box
Mors had an unusual background dating back to 1851 when a firm was established in Paris to make artificial flowers with paper-wrapped wire stems. This soon led to the production of insulated electrical wires. In 1874 Louis Mors Snr bought the company and his two sons Emile and Louis expanded the firm's activities into many branches of electrical engineering.
In 1896 Mors began automobile production and its V-4 rear-engined cars were well received. Chief engineer Henri Brasier designed a car with a vertical front-mounted engine in 1899 and this placed the firm in the forefront of the industry. A succession of racing victories created a strong demand, although output was never large, only 300 up-market cars being produced in 1903. Indifferent management led to a rapid decline of the company with losses in 1905 of ½-million Francs – and rising. Mors struggled on and when André Citroën became Chairman in 1908 he gradually stabilised the business.
In 1925 the Mors factory was bought by Citroën to add to his own firm's production capacity.