1898 - 1925
The Pick is an interesting example of a small regional make that lasted for more than 25 years. It was the work of John Henry Pick, known as Jack, who began dealing in bicycles in 1896 and also making hoes and needles. In 1898 he launched his own make of cycle, the Pick of All, and in the same year completed his first car. This used an engine 'of French design' possibly a De Dion Bouton, installed in a body of dog-cart style.
During 1901 the engine was moved to the front and the dog-cart received a 6hp 2-cylinder power unit. Picks grew again in 1902, the range consisting of a 4hp single cyline, 6hp and 10hp 2-cylinder models. 1903 models had chain drive to the gearbox and single-chain drive to the rear axle. However in 1904 the Pick Motor Co. closed down probably because of disagreements between Jack Pick and his directors. He moved into smaller premises and engaged in general engineering work.
In 1906 Pick completed a new car with 1998cc 12/14hp 4-cylinder engine with separately cast-cylinders and two years later formed the New Pick Motor Co. to manufacture it. The production car had a larger engine of 2543cc and 14/16hp and bodies were by the local firm of Hayes & Son.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile