Follow Motorbase:
Search Motorbase for

Overview

1899-1903

Henri Pieper was an armaments manufacturer with a factory in Liège who like a number of others engaged in this trade turned to making bicycles in quiet times. Experiments with both petrol and petrol-electric vehicles began in 1897 and in 1900 a voiturette was offered for sale with a De Dion-Bouton 3½hp engine at the front and belt drive to a two-speed arrangement on the back axle. Larger cars followed but output seems to have been on a small scale prior to the abandonment of motorcar production. Interest continued in petrol-electric applications and the Pieper 'Auto-Mixte' system was used for commercial vehicles both in Belgium and Britain until around 1910.

Source: Society of Automotive Historians in Britain

Models produced by Pieper

Related Links

Suggest a link relating to Pieper

Related Contacts

Suggest a Contact relating to Pieper