1947-1950, 500 produced.
Drophead Coupe,2 doors,4 seats
85 bhp @ 3800 rpm
0 - 50 - 10.6 secs
Standing Q-m - 20.5 secs
Fuel Consumption - 17 mpg
Max Speed - 90mph
The first post-war Allard to feature substantial coachwork appeared in 1947, the drophead coupe, Allard M1. All of the other Allard models had simple, cut-away door, open roadster bodies, the M1 consisted of full length doors and a proper folding hood. The M1 also had four seats and more elaborate trim.
Like the other Allard models the M1 came with a sidevalve Ford V8 engine of 3622cc. The manual gearbox featured a column gearchange taken from the V8 Pilot, unfortunately this was far from being a sports-style gearchange! Production of the M1 continued until 1950, by then 500 cars had been built.
|3622cc||V8 SV||Ford Sidevalve V8||78mm x 93mm||6.1|
Drivetrain and Suspension
|Drivetrain||Steering||Front Suspension||Rear Suspension|
|Wheelbase||Front Track||Rear Track||Length||Width||Weight (CWT)||Turning Circle|
|9' 4"||4' 10"||15' 2"||5' 11"||0 (29)|