The new Jaguar XK140 range arrived in 1954 to replace the outgoing XK120 model that had made its debut in 1948. The XK140 came in the same variants as before, although the Drophead and Fixed Head Coupe versions now featured larger passenger areas (which had occasional rear seats) and a different bulkhead arrangement.
The 1956 xk 140 did not have disc brakes on the front, they were drums, whichregularly overheated and faided.
Like the other cars in XK140 range the Fixed Head featured larger bumpers and a new front grille, complete with a revised badge proclaiming Jaguars success at Le Mans. Many cars now came with optional wire wheels, although standard equipment still consisted of steel wheels and rear wing spats. In 1957 the XK140 was replaced by the revised XK150 range.