The small Dyna was replaced in 1954 by the Dyna 54 which was mechanically identical to its predecessor but with a larger aerodynamic body. Instead of separate seats there were bench seats front and back. The Dyna 54 was a genuine six-seater.
The car was given a facelift in 1959 to form the Panhard PL17. Little was changed mechanically and the new model was mainly detected on the outside by new bumpers and headlights. The air-cooled 850 cc twin-cylinder of the Dyna was also used for the PL17. The standard motor produced 42 bhp but the Tigre motor managed 50 bhp at 5,570 rpm.