The Wolseley 1300 first appeared in 1967 alongside its sister 1300 cars from Austin, Morris, MG, Riley, and Vandem Plas. From 1968 the Wolseley 1300 shared its twin carb 1275cc engine with the up-market/sports models, including MG and Riley. This powerful little unit gave the 1300 a good performance which complemented the smooth ride coming from the hydrolastic suspension set-up.
The 1300 also included some minor trim changes to distinguish it from the earlier 1100 models, new rear wings also appeared to give a more modern look. In 1968 the 1300 became the MKII 1300 and would continue in this revised form until production ended in 1973.