Launched in 1956 the Series II 6/90 made a brief appearance as an improved version of the earlier 6/90. Main differences were confined to a restyled facia, revised rear suspension and a side-mounted floor gear change. The floor change was a welcome addition as it disposed of the previous, woolly column change arrangement.
In typical, almost laughable fashion the Wolseley 6/90 Series II was a panic reaction to the earlier cars weaknesses, which had been flagged up by dealers and customers. Because some other modifications were also needed the Series II made way for the Series III 6/90 after only 8 months of production in 1957.