Lot 305: 1955 BSA 247cc C11G
The C10 side-valve had been BSA’s ‘everyday’ machine until the advent of the D1 Bantam in 1949. The lightweight two-stroke went about as well as the 63x80 C10 and its ohv C11 brother and, in 1954, an improved version, the C11G was introduced with alternator electrics but retaining the three-speed gearbox. Lasting for only one season it was replaced by the C12 range in 1955. Registered in May 1955, this C11G is rather incomplete but has a V5 for its Wakefield registration number.
Bonhams, Classic & Motorcycle Mechanics Show, Stafford
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||£207|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|