Lot 309: 1952 BSA 123cc Bantam D1
Announced in 1948, the Bantam became a top seller for BSA, more than half a million leaving the factory before production ceased in 1971. Originally of 123cc, the engine grew first to 148cc and then to 172cc. Plunger rear suspension became available in 1950, as did 6-volt alternator/battery electrics, direct lighting having been relied upon hitherto. This plunger-suspended Bantam D1 was completely restored in 1991 and in running condition when placed in storage five years ago, since when it has not been used. Described by the private vendor as in very good condition throughout, the machine comes with comprehensive details of the restoration - bills, receipts, etc - and old style logbook. Offered without reserve.
Bonhams, Classic & Motorcycle Mechanics Show, Stafford
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||£322|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|