Lot 334: c.1975 Ducati 250cc
Designed by Fabio Taglioni, the first Ducati overhead-camshaft single appeared in 1955. Desmodromic valve operation was a feature of the racing versions, and would later be applied to the sportier roadsters. A landmark re-design of the Ducati single occurred in 1967 with the introduction of the ‘wide case’ engines which featured numerous improvements, the most significant being a stronger big-end assembly. By this time the Ducati range was also being built in Spain under licence by Mototrans, of Barcelona. This Ducati 250 was in pieces when acquired by its late owner in 1989. Subsequently re-assembled, it has not used since 1993 and is offered with three old MoT’s (1990, 1991, 1992) owner’s handbook and Swansea V5. The machine is sold strictly as viewed.
Bonhams, Classic & Motorcycle Mechanics Show, Stafford
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||£633|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|