Lot 355: 1953 BSA 249cc C11
BSA’s ‘C’ range of lightweights was first introduced in 1938. Its first exemplar was the C10 sidevalve single with coil ignition and three-speed hand-change gearbox. A de luxe version with foot-change gearbox joined the range in 1939, as did the overhead-valve C11. The original girder front fork was replaced by a telescopic unit in mid-1946 and part way through 1949 the C10 gained an alloy cylinder head. From 1954 onwards the pair continued as the up-dated C10L/C11G, with alternator electrics, plunger rear suspension and four-speed gearbox, eventually bowing out in 1957. This ‘rigid’ C11 bears a tax disc dated 30.6.79, an indication of the last time it was licensed for the road. The machine is offered for restoration and without documents.
Bonhams, Classic & Motorcycle Mechanics Show, Stafford
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||£345|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|