Lot 479: 1974 Condor 340cc A350
Originally a clock and bicycle maker located in the city of Courfaivre, in the Jura region of Switzerland, Condor turned to motorcycle manufacture in 1901. The company used a wide variety of proprietary engines over the years - Zedel, Universal, MAG, Villiers and Ducati to name but five - and was the principal supplier of motorcycles to the Swiss Army from 1939 onwards. Condor introduced the first model of entirely its own manufacture - the BMW-like A580 flat twin - in 1947. Still in existence as an engineering sub-contractor, Condor gave up making motorcycles in 2000. This A350 has the single-cylinder Ducati engine first seen in the Italian company’s Sebring introduced in 1965, and is one of around 3,000 A350s made for the Swiss Army between 1973 and 1976. Presented in very good, original condition complete with army panniers, it displays a total of 21,255 kilometres on the odometer. The machine is offered with Swiss army manual/service book, MoT to January 2006 and Swansea V5 registration document. Its original (orange) rear light and a copy of Classic Bike magazine featuring this actual machine are included in the Lot.
Bonhams, Classic & Motorcycle Mechanics Show, Stafford
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||£1380|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|