Lot 208: 1954 MG TF 1250
The MG TF first appeared at the 1953 Motor Show and was the ideal successor to the TD. A more refined car than the TD, it featured a sloping bonnet line and radiator, headlights grafted into the wings, sharply raked tail and individual bucket seats to replace the previous one-piece item fitted into the TD. These considerable cosmetic improvements were coupled with an uprated 1,250cc power unit to provide a highly versatile sports car. This original right hand drive MG TF found its way from England to Europe some 9 years ago and in to the hands of its now Dutch owner/vendor. Since his ownership the vendor commissioned a comprehensive restoration and the car is now in near concourse/ excellent condition. Following this work the car has only covered some 1500 kms and when not used always stored in a heated garage. Since its construction in 1954 the car has had just three recorded owners and has covered a total of 80,000 miles which is believed to be genuine. Finished in signal red with tan leather interior the car sits on chrome wire wheels and is ready for driving or showing at the various concourse events and rallies all over Europe. It still bears its original UK plates KAK 458 and features 'Brooklands' screens and a beige hood. All the documents are available for this immaculate MG as well as 'expert evidence' from 2004.A truly magnificent example.
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||-|
|Registration number||EU Registered|
|Chassis number||TF 11908|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|