Lot 08: Triumph T120R Bonneville
The Bonneville, originally introduced in 1959, benefited from a process of ongoing development throughout its production life which saw both major changes such as the introduction of unit construction (1963), new frame designs (1960 and 1963 being the most significant) and the adoption of twelve volt electrics for the 1966 season together with less obvious refinements. The 1967 machines were the first to adopt UNF threads in their construction, although at this stage they were confined to gearbox sub frame and petrol tank mountings. Other areas that received attention included the ignition system with revised points assemblies being specified and during the year Amal Concentric carburettors replaced the Monobloc items previously employed. Differences existed between the US and UK market machines, the former being fitted with stainless mudguards as opposed to painted ones employed for the home market, pancake airfilters were fitted to US market machines and the tank top parcel grid was deleted for the US. The Bonneville was offered with an aubergine over white petrol tank complimented by aubergine mudguards with a white stripe for the UK market, whilst, initially, the US models featured aubergine and gold petrol tanks. Unfortunately the gold paint employed degraded rapidly in the California sun and was quickly replaced by a white finish. This example has benefited from being restored and is attractively presented in the UK finish of aubergine and white with painted mudguards and is fitted with alloy wheel rims. It is offered with an Mot certificate and a Swansea V5C.
Fine Collectors Motorcycles|
H&H Sales Limited, The Pavilion Gardens, Buxton, Derbyshire
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||£5060|
|Engine capacity (cc)||650|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|