Lot 201: AJS 350cc
AJS was the name used for cars and motorcycles made by the Wolverhampton company A.J. Stevens & Co. Ltd, from 1909 to 1931; a company which held 117 motorcycle world records. After the firm was sold, the name continued to be used by Matchless, Associated Motorcycles and Norton-Villiers on four-stroke motorcycles until 1969. This AJS was first registered on 24th April 1951 in Sri Lanka and was subsequently returned to the UK in 1997. The original registration booklet in Sri Lanka is available as is the UK import certificate. It remains on foreign number plates which would need to be changed for use in the UK. Having been dry stored since its repatriation in 1997, this bike appears to be complete although in need of light restoration.
Cars & Motorcycles|
Historics at Brooklands, Brooklands
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||-|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|