Lot 26: MG A 1600 MkII Roadster
Launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show of 1955, the MGA owed its modern streamlined design to the body created in 1951 by Syd Enever for George Philips' Le Mans TD. The introduction of the MKII 1600 MGA of 1961 brought a larger (1622cc) capacity version of the BMC B-Series engine, with bigger valves and re-engineered combustion chambers. The model also featured a higher rear axle ratio for more relaxed high-speed driving. By the time the MGA gave way to the MGB in 1962, 8,198 Mark II Roadsters and 521 Coupés had been produced. This 1961 example is finished in Chariot Red and trimmed in Black. The vendor currently grades the bodywork, interior, four-cylinder engine and four-speed manual gearbox as "good" and the paintwork as "mostly good with a few chips". `5495 UR' currently registers an unwarranted 59,000 miles and comes complete with a brand new carpet set, lots of history and an MOT valid until October 2014.
H&H Sales Limited, The Pavilion Gardens
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||-|
|Registration number||5495 UR|
|Engine capacity (cc)||1622|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|