E.J. West & Co. Ltd. Foleshill, Coventry.
The Academy was an English dual-control car built by West of Coventry between 1906 and 1908. The cars had a 14 hp 4-cylinder engine by White and Poppe.
It was mainly sold to The Motor Academy in London, an early driving school who were probably the first to offer dual control but was also available to the general public. The company showed at the 1906 Olympia Show.
In February 1907 the Academy of Motoring became a limited company, but went into liquidation in May 1908.