Wilhelm Stift owned a haberdashery shop in Vienna. He became a partner in a car factory in 1900. In 1901, he set up his own workshop, where he built a car under the name of Celeritas. The mini-car was powered by a French engine, a two cylinder Buchet. It is not known how many cars Stift sold in total. He could not have sold more than a handful, because even Stift had not really taken to his own design. One day, when Stift saw the little car produced by the Graf brothers, he realised that he had made a mistake. He joined the Graf brothers and founded the 'Graf und stift' company in 1901.
The complete encyclopedia of Vintage Cars - Rob de la Rive Box