1912 - 1924
The Seal was in the same class as the Scott Sociable, resembling a motorcycle and sidecar, but steered from the sidecar. On early models steering was by tiller, but from 1914 a wheel was provided. From 1912 to 1914 the power unit was a 770cc 6hp JAP V-twin driving through a Sturmey Archer hub gearbox with belt final drive, but the improved model made from 1914 onwards had a 980cc 8hp JAP engine, conventional 3-speed sliding gearbox and chain drive. A goods carring version was made from about 1923, and production of this lasted longer than of the car. In 1930 it was renamed the Progress, in a new version with the driver on the motorcycle rather than in the sidecar, and in 1932 it became a more conventional 3-wheeler with single front wheel. A few passenger carrying versions of this were made under the Progress name.
Source: The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile