1906 - 1909
D.M. (Danny) Weigel was chosen by the Earl of Shrewsbury and Talbot as the first managing director of Clement-Talbot Ltd. In 1906 he left to form his own company. The first Weigel car was shown in October it was a large machine with 40hp 4-cylinder engine. Weigel's premises were described as being more of a depot than a factory, it seems that Weigel Motors made little of the cars themselves. The chassis were finished by the Wilkinson Sword Co., of Acton and bodies were by the English branch of Rothschild, of which Weigel was a director.
Weigel Motors was reorganised in 1907, and late in the year they moved to new premises in Latimer Road, North Kensington. 20, 30 and 40hp cars were listed, but in October 1909 it went into receivership and was taken over by A.E. Crowdy who had been manager of Wolseley sales in Lancashire. He continued 20/30 and 30/40hp cars of Weigel design under his own name, and also brought out a smaller car with 12/14hp Hewitt piston valve engine.
Source: Nick Georgano / Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile