The Armstrong Siddeley Whitley was a large post-war sports saloon automobile and was a version of the 16/18hp series made between 1946 and 1954 by the British company of Armstrong Siddeley. The Whitley was the last of the range to enter production first appearing in 1949.
The Whitley only used the larger 2309 cc overhead valve engine with a tax rating of 18hp that had first appeared on export versions of the Tempest coupled with a choice of synchromesh or pre-selector gearbox. The front suspension was independent using torsion bars while at the rear was a live axle and leaf springs. A Girling hydro-mechanical braking system was fitted with the front drums hydraulically operated while those at the rear were cable.
A variety of body styles were made. Most common are the 4 or 6 light saloons but limousines were also made on a long wheelbase chassis from 1950 to 1952. The two versions "4-light" and "6-light", are referring to the number of side windows. The Station and Utility coupés were pick up versions made for the Australian market with 2 or 3 seats respectively.