Bentley MK VI
1946-1952, 5201 produced.
Following WW2 Rolls-Royce recognised the changing requirements of its clients, shifting away from chauffeur driven cars to "owner-driver" saloons, their first all new model was the Bentley MKVI of 1946, designed to be as compact as possible, due to steel rationing. Powered by an all new engine, derived from a new family of Rolls-Royce power plants, the MKVI used the new B60, twin SU carburetor, over head inlet/side exhaust valve engine of 4257cc.
The MKVI also broke tradition by being the first car Rolls-Royce or Bentley to have a standard body design. The 4 door body was produced by Pressed Steel and the cars were hand built at the new Rolls-Royce factory in Crewe, Cheshire. Separate chassis could still be purchased for special bodied cars, all cars had manual gearboxes with RH side mounted floor changes. All standard cars featured sliding steel sunroofs and many other period fittings. Eventually replaced in 1953 by the long booted R-Type saloon.
Drivetrain and Suspension
|Drivetrain||Steering||Front Suspension||Rear Suspension|
|Top Speed||0-60||SQM||MPG||Engine Pwr||Comment|
|100 mph||15.2 s||0 s||16 mpg||0 bhp 0|