Following the end of W.W.II Daimler Cars resumed production of its pre-war DB18 model. The DB18 had typical pre-war styling with all of the traditional Daimler hallmarks including the famous radiator grille. The DB18 used an overhead valve six cylinder engine coupled with a four speed gearbox and fluid flywheel.
Although most DB18's had standard four door saloon bodies a number of drophead coupes were produced by both Tickford and (Daimler owned) Barker. The saloon had a sliding "Sun Shine Roof" which was a popular feature on cars of this period. Production of the DB18 continued until its replacement, the DB18 Consort, arrived in 1950.