A four-seater S-2 was introduced in 1954 and the S-7 first appeared at the Paris motor show in 1957. The S-7 had a polyester body shell, more elegant lines, and twin wheels, close together, at the back. This enabled the car to be treated as a three-wheeler by the German law so that it could be driven by someone with a motorcycle licence. In Britain, the S-7 was sold as a kit car under the name Nobel 200. It had a polyester shell and was built in Britain for York Nobel by Lea Francis. The model was also built in Greece, India, and Chile under licence.