Humber unveiled its new Pullman and Imperial saloons in 1948, both models being long wheelbase derivatives of the new Super Snipe II model. The Pullman was a traditional "divided" (glass partition between the front and rear passenger compartments) limousine and featured luxury fittings including West-of-England cloth upholstery. The Imperial was similar to the formal Pullman but had no glass divider and was usually trimmed in leather.
Beneath the mammoth bonnet of both models sat a 4086cc sidevalve six cylinder engine, later Mk III versions of the Pullman and Imperial benefited from an all-synchromesh gearbox. Production of both Mk III models finished in 1953 after a grand total of over 3,700 cars had been produced.