In 1951, 3 years after the launch of the pretty XK120 Roadster, Jaguar unveiled another version of its XK120, the Fixed Head Coupe. The new hardtop coupe featured an elegant roof section, which closely reflected the lines of the much larger Jaguar Mk VII Saloon.
The XK120 Fixed Head Coupe doors carried proper wind-up windows in bright finished surrounds with small rear 1/4 windows behind them. External door handles and locks gave the Fixed Head Coupe a more civilised image than the rakish Roadster. Mechanically the car differed little from the open versions and made use of the powerful six cylinder XK engine.
In 1954 the new XK140 range arrived, which included a revised F.H.C. version.