1948-1953, 510 produced.
Saloon,4 doors,4 seats
Drophead Coupe,2 doors,4 seats
In 1947 David Brown, millionaire industrialist from the North of England, purchased the Lagonda car company, its first new model arrived shortly afterwards in 1948. The new model was the Lagonda 2.6 Litre, available as either a 4 door saloon or 2 door convertible.
The new cars were powered by a 2.6 litre, twin overhead cam, straight six engine, designed by W.O. Bentley, founder and former owner of Bentley Motors. The bodywork was of less radical design, its rounded front styling conflicting with many pre-war styling points. The 2.6 Litre stayed in production until 1953, 510 cars were produced. An interesting point to note is that the same engine appeared in the Aston Martin DB2 which appeared in 1950, Aston were also owned by David Brown.
|2580cc||S6 DOHC||Aston Martin/Lagonda S6 DOHC||83mm x 90mm|
|Top Speed||0-60||SQM||MPG||Engine Pwr||Comment|
|84 mph||18.8 s||0 s||0 mpg||0 bhp 0|