A last ditch attempt to keep the long running T-Series MG's arrived in 1954, the MG TF 1500. This improved TF now used a 1466cc version of the old TF 1250 engine and provided a modest improvement to the cars performance.The TF 1500 used a new block with siameased cylinder jackets called "XPEG". The change in volume required the new block as the bores wouldn't fit in the old XPAG 1250 block.
Externally the TF 1500 was the same as the previous 1250 cars apart from some additional "1500" badges on the bonnet. The MG TF 1500 continued to sell well right up and till the launch of the all-new MGA in 1955. Despite being the last of a long line of T-Series MG sportcars the TF 1500 is today highly sought after. Between 1954-1955 over 3200 MG TF 1500's were produced.