When the former DKW designed IFA F8 became too old for even the East Germans, a new model appeared in 1950 known as the Trabant P50. The car had a modern body with wings incorporated and, as a first for Germany, it was constructed in glass-reinforced polyester. Little though appears to have been given to the mechanical matters.
There was still a twin cylinder two-stroke engine under the bonnet with a capacity of 500 cc and output of 18 bhp but later 20 bhp.
|500cc||2||0mm x 0mm||0|
|Top Speed||0-60||SQM||MPG||Engine Pwr||Comment|
|0 mph||0 s||0 mpg||18 bhp 0|